Create stimulating classrooms quickly and safely to ease time and budget pressures when you need extra school places fast
Yorkon building solutions offer all the benefits of rapid off-site construction, combined with outstanding build quality and design flexibility.
Rapid solution to pupil place shortages
Classroom buildings from the Portakabin Group can be completed in half the time of traditional construction projects – providing a rapid solution to pupil place shortages. Buildings are manufactured off-site under controlled factory conditions, then simply craned into place and fitted out. So there is significantly less of the noise, dust, waste and congestion associated with conventional building sites.
Safe construction with minimal on-site disruption
It means you can expand your school facilities quickly and safely, with minimal disruption to pupils and teachers. In fact, work can often be scheduled at weekends and holidays to avoid interruption to the school day.
Your classroom buildings can be designed as stand-alone facilities or integrated seamlessly with your existing buildings.
Stimulating classrooms for every curriculum requirement
You can create classroom buildings for every area of the curriculum, from science laboratories and IT suites to drama studios and design technology workshops. Our experienced design teams will help you create stimulating learning environments, with spacious interiors and extensive glazing to maximise natural light.
Externally, buildings can be completed with a range of traditional or contemporary finishes, from timber panels and brick skins to metal rainscreens and coloured cladding.
“We now have a fantastic learning environment and our staff and students are absolutely delighted with the facility. I would wholeheartedly recommend a Yorkon solution to other schools, particularly those needing to urgently address a shortfall in places."
John Stone, School Manager, Archbishop Holgate’s School
Classroom Blocks: Projects
- Complete Secondary School - Cambourne Village College
- Secondary School Extension - Archbishop Holgate's
- 3FE Primary School - City Farm
- Science Block - Christ College
- 8 Classroom Block - Hayes School
- Training and Conference Centre - The Queen Katherine School
- 2 Storey Classroom Block - Ninestiles School
- 1900m2 Extension - York High School
- 2 Storey Teaching Facility - Bewdley High School
- Martin High School, Anstey
- Crofton Sixth Form Academy, Wakefield
- Classroom extension - George Spicer Primary
- 2 Storey Extension - Asquith Primary School
- Whole School Building - Pyrford Primary School
- Whole School - Riverside Bridge